wonderful: Do coffee shops discriminate against women? <wonderful></wonderful>

wonderful

Google
 

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Do coffee shops discriminate against women?

Wow I heard this title topic on Yahoo news. And suddenly I feel a little upset from my self. Is it true ? The coment from them is like that :
That's the conclusion of American economist Caitlin Knowles Myers. She, with her students as research assistants, staked out eight coffee shops (PDF) in the Boston area and watched how long it took men and women to be served. Her conclusion: Men get their coffee 20 seconds earlier than do women. (There is also evidence that blacks wait longer than whites, the young wait longer than the old, and the ugly wait longer than the beautiful. But these effects are statistically not as persuasive.)
I think at think it again. When I was in coffee shop this evening , is it happens to me ? But I don't have the answer because I don't put my attention on this problem. But if I saw this problem before I went to the coffee shop ...I am sure I would take a review on it. For me it is a very exciting ....

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=1c299424e44b3140f6db8d19a957d097